· B.Sc. Applied Sciences (1999) - PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India
· M.Sc. Physics (2001) - Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
¨ Thesis: Non-linear time series analysis, Advisor: Prof. Neelima Gupte (Dept. of Physics)
· Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering (2007) - UT Arlington & UT Southwestern Medical Center
¨ Thesis: Resolution and localization in single molecule microscopy, Advisors: Profs. Raimund Ober and Sally Ward
· Best Outgoing Student Award (gold medalist): Applied Sciences program, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, 1999.
· Proficiency Award: For consistent academic performance in the Applied Sciences program, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, 2000.
· Chilikuri RamaSastry Memorial Prize (gold medalist): Best academic performance in the Physics graduate program, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India, 2001.
· Drs. Al and Jan Potvin Award: Outstanding Bioengineering graduate student, University of Texas at Arlington, February 2006.
Scholarships & Fellowships
· University Scholarship: Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Fall 1999 to Spring 2001.
¨ Full tuition fee wavier and monthly stipend
· Dean’s Fellowship: University of Texas at Arlington, Fall '01 and Spring '02.
¨ Instate tuition and $500 cash per semester
· STEM Doctoral Scholarship: University of Texas at Arlington, Summer '06 to Summer '07.
¨ Full tuition fee waiver
· National MS Society Postdoctoral Fellowship: July 2008 -
· Scholastic achievement: Secured 3rd rank (among ~ 30,000 candidates nationwide, India) in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering in 2001 for entering PhD programs in India.
· University Scholar honor roll: University of Texas at Arlington, 2004.
· AAAS/Science excellence in research: American Association for the advancement of Science, 2007.
· Best Oral Presentation Award: Immunology Graduate Program Scientific Retreat, 2007.
· 14th Cytometry Development Workshop: Technologies for Cell Analysis, Pacific Grove, CA, 15 - 18 October 2004.
· 49th Annual Biophysical Society Meeting, Long Beach, CA, 12-16 February 2005.
· NIH Symposium: Frontiers in Live Cell Imaging, Bethesda, MD, 19-22 April 2006.
· HHMI—Janelia Farm Meeting on Fluorescent Proteins and Sensors, Ashburn, VA, 28-31 October 2007.
· 47th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology, Washington DC, 1-5 December 2007.
· Member of the Biophysical Society (since 2004)
· Member American Society for Cell Biology (since 2007)
My current projects are highly interdisciplinary and span diverse fields such as antibody engineering, cellular and molecular immunology and cell biology, and heavily relieves on novel high resolution 3D imaging techniques.